Re: How to redefine default system footprint/symbols/packages3d/templates search paths at build time?

Hi Ian,

see below.

Am Sonntag, den 24.05.2020, 14:40 +0100 schrieb Ian McInerney:
> [...]
>
> Yes, you should be able to put the 3d models in a directory alongside
> the footprints, not inside them, and as long as you set the
> environment variable correctly I believe it will work (this is how I
> have my copy of the git libraries setup).
>
> [...]
>
> The templates get a bit difficult. The symbols, footprints and main
> application all install things into the templates folder -
> specifically the template project, the default symbol library table,
> and the default footprint library table. The easiest packaging split
> would be to just keep the 3d models separate and leave the
> templates/symbols/main application all in one package (that is how
> Fedora does it). If you want to get more complicated, you can look at
> how Debian has structured their packages, since they split everything
> into separate packages.

I decided to only split out the 3d models into an extension and set
KISYS3DMOD accordingly. This works right now, and is easy as this part
of the libraries doesn't want to install anything into the template
directory (at least for now).

So, it seems I'm doing it "the Fedora way" now, but I might need to take
a look at "the Debian way" if 3d packages will also come with their own
library table.