Re: Granularity of DRC error code

I think more grouping in general categories is good. I also think that it would be nice to exclude *specific* DRCs that once a designer checks the error, they can flag it to ignore in the future. The specific check could be identified by a unique id: a hash of specific information, like unique error and objects involved (identified by geometries and properties involved). If anything changes, then the rule violation reappears under a different unique id. I think this would help greatly on near-tapeout activities where sifting over the same DRC errors becomes tedious and prone to missing valid DRC violations in the midst of “designer checked and allowed” ones.

Greg S.