Re: Output Generation automation

Hi Fabien,

I know Ian had some thoughts about this so hopefully he has a chance
to review this document soon and reply.

We have not been using MRs to discuss specifications previously, so I
would say we can keep the discussion in that document until people
actually start writing code (unless the other lead devs think we
should set up some system for using MRs for this kind of thing)

In general, I think that this is a big project (there is a lot of
refactoring that needs to be done under the hood in order to make it
possible to automate the output generation, right now most of it is
unfortunately linked to the GUI).  Because of this, it might be good
to figure out if there are parts of it that can be targeted for V6 and
parts that likely will need to wait until after V6.

Best,
Jon