Re: Placing real components out of a database instead of: "Automatic assignment of footprint with a database"

Just want to add my +1 for the interface approach.  I am glad to hear that is the intent (I’ve not had time to read the proposal).  With such an interface, as has been pointed out already, data-source-specific implementations should be relatively straightforward, and then I don’t have to potentially throw away my years of privately curated data or figure out how to cram it into some alternate schema.  All I would need to do is write the code to answer the questions presented by the interface.

Hopefully in the next few days I’ll be able to read Jon’s draft spec and comment from a better-informed position.

Cheers,
-Brian