Re: New dependency in docker image - tigervnc - xvfb

Hi again,

On 23/08/2020 02:12, Ian McInerney wrote:
Are you wanting to add new QA tests that need a window to the main unit test suite?
Yes, that's correct.

On 23/08/2020 01:28, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
Could you explain further why you would need this in the official docker?  Can you not specify your own docker for your tests?
1. Based on this great tutorial I made changes in qa tests which allow to use wxFrames in test suite.

http://www.remy.org.uk/tech.php?tech=1407951209

2. I used these kind of tests with my development in following merge request (commit 3542e2da9b9 and later):

https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/merge_requests/215

3. I want to add more of these tests, namely: I want to cover DIALOG_SIM_SETTINGS with tests and add new types of simulation in the future. 4. Sure I can install what I need on my own docker image, but I want to make it working with CI as well. Otherwise it makes no sense.
5. I was hoping that other developers can benefit from this change as well.