What is this build error?

$ make
-- KICAD_SCRIPTING is OFF: Disabling all python scripting support
-- KiCad install dir: </usr/local>
-- Enabling warning -Wsuggest-override
-- Enabling warning -Wduplicated-branches
-- Enabling warning -Wduplicated-cond
-- Enabling error for -Wvla
-- Enabling warning -Wimplicit-fallthrough
-- Enabling error for -Wreturn-type
-- Enabling warning -Wshadow
-- Enabling warning -Wsign-compare
-- Enabling warning -Wmissing-field-initializers
-- Enabling warning -Wempty-body
-- Enabling warning -Wreorder
-- Check for installed GLEW -- found
-- Check for installed ZLIB -- found
-- Creating linux metadata
-- Using Git to determine build version string.
-- Checking for module 'gtk+-3.0'
--   No package 'gtk+-3.0' found
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:463 (message):
  A required package was not found
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:643 (_pkg_check_modules_internal)
  libs/kiplatform/CMakeLists.txt:29 (pkg_check_modules)

See also "/ssd/build/kicad-pristine/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/ssd/build/kicad-pristine/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
make: *** [Makefile:1702: cmake_check_build_system] Error 1

I am on Ubuntu Focal Fossa.

CMake could not find it, and I could not find it.

There is no package name gtk+-3.0.  Any idea, in Fossa terms, what this missing library
set is named?  Or is there a compatibility issue on Fossa with the library search?

Also, are we happy with the detail in this error message?  I find it less than helpful,
because it did not help me solve the problem.

Thanks,

Dick