Re: mingw64 build issue.

On 9/25/2020 3:04 PM, jp charras wrote:

> Le 25/09/2020 à 19:11, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
>> Is anyone else seeing the following error when building with
>> MinGW64/msys2?
>>
>> ../common/libcommon.a(libcontext.cpp.obj):libcontext.cpp:(.text+0x19e):
>> relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against `*ABS*'
>>
>> I did some digging around and it looks like it's a bug in the context
>> assembly code but I've never seen the error before.  I tried downgrading
>> gcc from 10.2 to 10.1 but no luck.  It also happens when building the
>> 5.1 branch.  It doesn't happen when building with MinGW32/msys2.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Wayne
>
> I am not seeing this issue.
>
> I have a recent (2 weeks) msys install, on a new computer, with W10 -
> 64bits

Thanks for the feedback.  Maybe something got broken during an update.
My msys2 install is quite old so maybe it's time to do a clean reinstall
:(.  I guess all development for me will be on Linux until I can free up
a decent block of time to upgrade msys2 or maybe try out the new msvc
stuff Mark has been working on.

Cheers,

Wayne