Re: A few run-time problems on kicad-git build on Slackware64-current Linux

Thanks for the quick response. In the past I have been bitten by old libraries in non-standard places derailing other application builds but can't see anything obviously amiss here.

My $LD_LIBRARY_PATH EV is empty. I checked where ldconfig looks and could not see anything incriminating outside the standard install locations for Slackware distros (/usr/lib64 & /lib64). See https://www.mklab.rhul.ac.uk/~tom/kicad/ldconfig-p.txt for the O/P of 'ldconfig -p'.

I also tried stracing open* calls in pcbnew. See https://www.mklab.rhul.ac.uk/~tom/kicad/strace-pcbnew2.lis. Again nothing jumped out as problematic. All calls to Python related files seem to reference python v.3.8 ones as expected.

The build scripts I am using are release version 'SlackBuild' scripts I've hacked to use the git development code. See https://www.mklab.rhul.ac.uk/~tom/kicad/SlackBuild/. The tom_build.sh script calls the main build script kicad-git.SlackBuild.

Thanks
Tom