Nightly Ubuntu packages - 3d models path problem

Hi,

I've been testing the amazing nightly builds on Ubuntu 20 for some time now
- but now the 3d models are gone on newly placed footprints.

I think this is probably due to the model path changing, for example

A previously placed 0603 capacitor has 3d model path:

${KISYS3DMOD}/Capacitor_SMD.3dshapes/C_0603_1608Metric.wrl

Which works ok, but a newly placed 0603 has

${KICAD6_3DMODEL_DIR}/Capacitor_SMD.3dshapes/C_0603_1608Metric.wrl

So it seems it's a change to this variable name  KICAD6_3DMODEL_DIR

Is this a packaging problem? Or do I need to reset some settings in my
setup?

I didn't report this as a bug because I don't think it's the Kicad code's
fault.

Any idea how I can fix it or who I need to tell?

Regards

Mark

Follow ups