Re: Packaging note: new data file

Hi all,

May be this should be into bug reports, but since I've seen some mail about this argument directly here, I just answer to those. If I have to file a bug report (if it really is a bug and I did not just miss some environment variable to be set) please let me know.

Compiling and installing in a "non canonical directory" as a normal user, the file is created and put in the correct place, in my case in

~/SANDBOXKICAD5/usr/share/kicad/resources

but the file is not opened at startup, with the error message:

can't open file 'share/kicad/resources/images.tar.gz' (error 2: No such file or directory)

It seems it is missing the first part of the path, just like if the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX is not prepended to the file path that kicad uses when executed.

Launching kicad from terminal after going into the ~/SANDBOXKICAD5/usr directory makes the program start correctly with all icons and no error message.

I tried deleting the ~/.config/kicad, to simulate a fresh-new start, but Deleting that makes kicad not to start with a segmentation fault (may be this is a real bug).

Some other details:

The configuration has been re-generated before building with cmake-gui ../

then

make clean
make
make install

Cheers,
Dino.

P.S.: I'm Using debian Linux 10, installing as a user without root privileges, under my home directory.

Application: KiCad

Version: (5.99.0-9739-g6a369b230f), release build

Libraries:
	wxWidgets 3.1.5
libcurl/7.64.0 GnuTLS/3.6.7 zlib/1.2.11 libidn2/2.0.5 libpsl/0.20.2 (+libidn2/2.0.5) libssh2/1.8.0 nghttp2/1.36.0 librtmp/2.3

Platform: Linux 4.19.0-14-amd64 x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK, gnome, x11

Build Info: