Re: Deprecation warnings with GCC 12

Hi Steve,

These warnings have already been addressed in the master branch because we
switched to C++17 (so those deprecated functions were removed and no longer
available). We didn't cherry-pick the change to v6 though, because it was
more of a cleanup than a bug fix (and v6 is staying with C++14, so it will
always have those functions). I think you could safely ignore the warnings
in the build with the understanding they will be fixed in v7.

-Ian