kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Pcbnew manual for KiCad version 4 and above; still explaining the old Footprint Library Management?

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 08:48:17AM +0100, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> while working on the Pcbnew manual I think it's a bit curious to have
>> something in the manual that isn't relevant for recent KiCad versions,
>> no matter if using the stable version 4.x or master.
>>
>> What about to remove the section 2.3 of the Pcbnew manual completely and
>> only holding the part about the *.pretty management?

I think we could indeed remove the section about the legacy, but maybe
it is good to keep to actually explain what the "Legacy" plugin is
for?

Anyways, if we do decide to remove it once can still look it up in the
old docs, and frankly it is not that much different to using the
pretties anyways.

> Yes it seems that that part do not exist anymore...
>
>> http://docs.kicad-pcb.org/master/en/pcbnew.html#_managing_footprint_libraries_legacy_versions
>>
>> BTW: The pictures are still broken. ;)

Yeah, I know and I will fix it very soon.