kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: created branches for kicad i18n 5.0 and 5.1

Hi

I think having a one to one mapping with branches for the i18n repo is
fine, and the i18n is highly dependent on the kicad src. But for the
doc repo, I don't think that is needed, it is better to have as few
branches here as possible, as the docs are only a meta description of
kicad and not dependent in the same way. Clearly not a lot of people
have addressed the newer things in kicad 5.0 so we shall try to avoid
creating more work (aka branches) for ourselves here.

So for doc, we only support master and latest stable, for now we
should probably wait with a 5.0 branch and just tag 5.0.0. A branch
can always be made if the doc is to diverge, i.e. that a new feature
in 5.1 or master is documented not in 5.0. I we create the 5.0 branch
now from the 5.0.0 tag, we will just risk people commits there, and we
diverge the master and 5.0 when we are actually documenting the exact
same features. I am open for other opinions about this.

Nick