kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Kicad 5.0.1 almost ready to go

Forwarding this from the dev mailing list...

Please note that Nick is ready to tag 5.0.1 from the 5.0 branch, see:

https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-i18n/issues/306

> Unless anyone comments on this issue, that they are working on
> translations for 5.0.1, I will tag 5.0.1 tonight. This issue have been
> open for comments for almost a month, and the KiCad source has been
> tagged.

and I agree. So if there is a last-time update, get a move on!

----- Forwarded message from Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> -----

Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 09:24:02 -0400
From: Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>
To: KiCad Developers <kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Kicad-developers] 5.0.1 status

I'm making a last call for any bug fixes that need to made to the 5.0
branch for the 5.0.1 release.  Please let me know if you have any
pending fixes before I tag 5.0.1.  I intend to tag this around 6PM EST
unless I hear otherwise.  How much time will our translators and
librarians need to tag 5.0.1?  Hopefully not too long so we can give our
packagers time to get release packages built.  I would like to make the
release announcement this coming weekend if at all possible.

I also intend to leave the 5.0.1 tag as the revision and set the source
archive version to 5.0.1-unknown so the -dev suffix will no longer be in
play moving forward which should make our packagers happy.

Cheers,

Wayne