kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: PCB Calculator Docs

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 14:47:34 +0100
Marco Ciampa <ciampix@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 05, 2018 at 12:57:35PM +0100, Heitor wrote:
> > Hello!
>
> Hi Heitor welcome onboard!

Thanks you!

> > So, why there's no documentation for PCB Calculator?
>
> Because nobody did it?
>
> > I'm willing to start one,
>
> good...
>
> > if some people can help me :)
>
> I hear distinctly a voice that says " ... use the source Luke! Use the
> source ... " :-)))
>
> Jokes apart, I can't help (I do almost nothing of the matter) but I'm
> sure there are some people that can ... and they usually do if your
> work deserves it... so probably it is up to you anyway.
>
> And obviously any kind of help is warmly welcome!

I'll start the docs in a fork in github and probably ask lots of
questions in the mailing list.

Some questions about the general structure of the repo:

- branch master is for the current master branch of KiCad?

- branch 4.0 is for the KiCadv4?

- How are the merging of PR handled? I see in GitHub some quite old
  still opened.

Best regards,
Heitor