kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: No Flags under Settings Language

Am 22.03.19 um 16:47 schrieb Alfrede:
> Okay i understand,
>
> so can i take my screenshot from Version 5 for the Documentation? (Or
> what do mean when you wrote later versions? 5 or 6 ?)

If you want to update the documentation for the current (stable) version
5.1.x it's obvious to create the screenshots from such a version.

If you want to contribute to the current nightly version than of course
use this as base.

Given the release cycle of next major version 6 has just started and for
sure the documentation will get changes regarding this I wont spent time
now on the nightly version.

> i would take new screenshots for German and English if it's okay.

English? Why?
I guess you work on the German translation and updates?

And, ensure that at least within one manual screenshots are made
constantly from one architecture and DE. It's a bad style in my eyes to
have various types of screenshots made within Windows 7/8/10, Linux
Gnome/Plasma or macOS.
Before working on localized images I would before finalize the
translation work.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert