Re: Footprint library info

----- Original Message -----

Thanks Vesa. :)

 Yes, you're right - we need to do the work and then make a sensible proposal to the devs. I'll be extremely busy for at least the next 5 months but I'll find time to re-read the docs I have and make some notes.

 For the 3D thru-hole models, I recently downloaded a draft of IPC7251 (land patterns for Thru-Hole Technology) and I will slowly read through it and enforce some of the rules on my 3D models where applicable. This is not an approved standard, but it's a start and if/when the work is approved later I imagine there won't be too many changes. I also plan to get a copy of IPC7351B (C is currently in draft, but who knows when it will be approved) and do some SMD models.  I also noticed that SourceForge is telling me that most people download the source from a Windows computer - I don't know if they really are using MSWin or if the browser is just saying that, but I'll try to set the software up under MinGW so that MSWin users can also generate the models from source. I think trying to distribute the generated models (*.wrl) will quickly become a ridiculous exercise and waste of bandwidth.

- Cirilo