Contributing to the Kicad library

Hi,

I am looking to contribute some symbols and footprints to the Kicad
library. I have made a few symbols so far by copying what I saw in some
existing libraries.

I have a few questions with regards to style and convention when adding
new things to the library:

  * What is preferred when combining changes for committing? Smaller,
granular commits, or chunky big ones?

  * Is there any sort of review process, or should I commit right into
the main tree? Or may be branch of my own and then merge that? Or commit
into a subdirectory like "contrib_symbols...."?

  * Is there any sort of style guideline? And if not, if I started a
blueprint, would that be helpful?

  * I hear a lot of murmuring about changes in Kicad, such as
s-expressions and SWEET. Is there anything I can do to help or be prepared?

  * I can't install Wings3D on 64-bit Ubuntu by either apt-get or from
the Wing3D binary. Does anyone have it working on this type of system,
or do I need to go and build from source?

I know this is a lot of questioning, but I'm interested in being as
helpful as I can in the time I have available.

Best regards,

John