ISO3098 font - preview

Since the original sources where with undetermined license terms (a
rogue shx found in the net), I redrawn the whole 3098 repertoire. It
covers standard ASCII, Latin-1, basic cyrillic, modern greek and tech
set 1 (which is greek plus some character from latin-1 plus some special
characters). It still missing a lot of the composition points to build
the latin extensions and of course the whole encoder for building the
new font. There is already the awk one which would be a good starting
point.

This time I decided to draw arcs as arcs since with the shp converter
I found they can be approximated quite well in software (the trick is
using 15 degree steps).

This would cover the major scripts excluding kana (JIS Z 8313-10 is the
ISO 3098 extension for them, but I don't have it).

At the moment everything fits on a 50mil grid, with the nominal height
being 2000mils (the 3098 CB script metrics are these: 10 units nominal
height, 7 units x-heights, plus 3 units for descenders and 4 units for
diacritics). That would exceed the nominal ±50 coordinate system for
the classical hershey, but that's not a problem.

Let me know if you're still interested and which other unicode blocks
you would think could be useful.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl