Hi all

Hi All,

my name is Paweł, I'm from Poland and since October 2007 I'm KiCad user (I
know, it sounds like introduction in Anonimus KiCad user group :P ).

>From this time I have made above 100 commercial and hobby related projects
where I have been using the official footprints libraries very rare, almost
in all cases as the basis in module editor for my own module.

At the beginning of this year I came across a page with libraries:
http://smisioto.no-ip.org/elettronica/kicad/kicad-en.htm . IMHO the biggest
advantages of this library are ... pictures of module library content. It
is very helpful feature, and I suggest creating it for official library
too. I know that in /doc directory of  KiCad are some .pdf files with some
footprints printouts, but it is not the same. Switching between pictures is
very quick and they can be placed on eg on web site. Unfortunately I’m
using the smisioto library like the official ones, only as basis for my
module because of silk screen outlines placed on soldering pads.

In short I suggest:

- To make screenshots with content of each official library.

- Make a rule  for module creation that footprint outlines can't be made on
soldering pads.

I think that lack of proven and intuitive in use libraries (eg name
convention) is the biggest barrier to become KiCad more popular and I hope
to be useful, in making them better.

P.s. sorry for my English, I know that it’s not perfect.

Best regards

Paweł

Follow ups