Re: Question on KiCAD schlib-format and extensions.

AFAIk there is/was plan of new library format called sweet.
http://ci.kicad-pcb.org/job/kicad-doxygen/ws/Documentation/doxygen/html/v5_road_map.html#v5_sch_sweet
It has several pending dependencies.
I don't think that another format will make it to upstream.

Patrik Bachan (diggit)