Re: Advert your attention to a Kubuntu Member's statement

On Saturday, July 18, 2015 12:00:21 AM cprofitt wrote:
> Hello Kubuntu Council:
>
> I wanted to advert your attention to a Kubuntu Member's recent public
> statement. I personally find it to be insulting to the Ubuntu Community
> and potential divisive.
>
> "It is because a good majority of the contributors who care left long
> ago. Many of those left (but not all... there are still some good ones)
> are fanboys and girls hoping for a job and will defend any shitty action
> Canonical takes." [1]
>
> I do not want to have this issue continue to derail the community and
> hope that you can council this person to express their opinion in a less
> aggressive manner.
>
> Charles
>
> [1] -
> https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/3de41m/fsf_statement_on_canonicals_u
> pdated_licensing/ct5140x

If you have a complaint that someone is violating the CoC, then you know how
to deal with it.  While it may not be phrased in the most welcoming manner, I
personally don't find it particularly inaccurate.

I certainly object to CC members attempting to persecute people by attempting
to police their comments on third party sites.  Reddit is not particularly
known for quiet civil discourse so I think you are completely out of line.

Scott K