Eligibility for Kubuntu Membership

Kubuntu Council,

I became a Kubuntu Ninja on August 2nd, 2016, and in the past 3 months I have helped in various different areas in the Kubuntu Development team. I've helped get Kubuntu 16.10 ready for release, I've helped fix failing jobs in the Kubuntu Continuous Integration system, I've held several meetings where the primary goal is to get items done with the development team, and I have overall tried my best to be an effective member of the Kubuntu team. From my willingness to do tasks that others may find incredibly boring, to my willingness to fix whatever I have the ability and access to fix, I feel I have been an effective member of the Kubuntu team.

That being said, I've also made plenty of mistakes, some more notable than others. I continue to make trivial mistakes every day, but I learn from them, iterate on my methods, and improve myself in order to improve Kubuntu (or whatever project I happen to be working on). I think that's part of life, and I hope that any mistake you find notable enough could be overlooked on account of the successful work I have achieved. Because I will improve for the future, given that I have the capacity to.

I wanted to send this email to get your opinion regarding my eligibility for Kubuntu Membership. I believe I have shown significant and sustained contribution towards the Kubuntu project, and given that I am eligible, I will promptly apply. But here are some questionable points that I would like to get your opinion on: - In *your* opinion, have I shown significant and sustained contribution towards the Kubuntu project? - Does the 6 month "rule of thumb" apply here? I thought that was because Kubuntu Membership means I am inherently an Ubuntu Member, and that has a "rule of thumb" of 6 months. I have been an Ubuntu Member since February 4th, 2016, so this shouldn't be an issue if that was the reasoning for the "rule of thumb".

If I need to improve, I will work diligently to ensure that I meet your criteria, and will apply once I have met that.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your answer.

--
Simon Quigley
tsimonq2@xxxxxxxxxx