Simon Quigley

Hi.

I sadly have some concerns regarding Simon Quigley's actions and push
access to git and ppas.

There have now been several 'incidents', including.

(1) On 18th Oct 2017 after having been asked not to practice changes on
our git LP repos by Clive, Simon pushed all yakkety_archive branches to
master branches.

(2) On 7th Nov 2017 Simon deliberately deleted ECM and other critical
build depends from the KCI ppa during the nightly build, breaking the
builds. He was not able to give a reasonable explanation for his actions.

(3) On Jan 8/9th he prepared a "surprise" for us by staging without
consultation frameworks 5.30.

This was despite again Clive asking Simon NOT to push anything.

This was inevitably broken as the issues here:

https://trello.com/c/J5w6GdXP/246-cleaning-up-the-road-for-frameworks-5-29

regarding frameworks 5.29 are still largely unresolved.

Simon was aware of this, as several weeks previously when Simon was keen
to stage 5.29, this was pointed out to him.

Also it is clear that as there were no appropriate commits regarding
package lists and dependencies to kubuntu automation,  the workflow in
KA readme was ignored.

While I like Simon immensely, this series of incidents in my mind calls
into question the appropriateness of Simon's ongoing git an ppa push
access. Especially after incident (2) where he reassured us that there
would be no such repeat and that he would act responsibly.

Rik

Follow ups