Re: Kubuntu Council Elections 2017 - Call for Nominations

Hello,

On 08/29/2017 06:17 PM, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> My question is the same as to Aaron -- what would you like to
> accomplish on the Kubuntu Council. You have been very active, and
> probably will help us out on the technical level now that you are a
> MotU. Congratulations on that, by the way!

Thanks. :)

> But none of these required Councillor status. What do you want to do with that?

A couple things certainly come to mind off the bat:

 1. Since I'm also the Lubuntu Release Manager and do a couple other
things in a couple other flavors, I would like to try to increase
cross-flavor collaboration. One thing that comes to mind is Qt
packaging. Ubuntu Budgie will be going to Qt in b-series (from what I
can tell from discussions with upstream (Ikey)) and Lubuntu Next (soon
to be Lubuntu) will too. But not only in the packaging department, I'd
like to generally increase communication with other flavors on common
issues we share.
 2. We need more community members, especially in the packaging and
documentation department (the same goes for Lubuntu). I'd like to make
it a priority to onboard new members to our packaging community and to
the community in general. Some people (you guys know who I'm talking
about) think that Kubuntu is useless now that KDE Neon is a thing. I
would like to work to make sure that isn't the case.

In general, I'd like to bring new energy and a new face to the council.

Any other questions?

--
Simon Quigley
tsimonq2@xxxxxxxxxxx