Results of CIVS poll: Kubuntu Council Election 2017

Hi Kubuntu community!

Well then, such an interesting election!  I closed the poll and checked the
results expecting to find the names of the new Council members. Instead I
was shocked and alarmed to find that we had two clear winners, but there
was also a tie for the 3rd seat!

So on seeking advice from the existing council on how to resolve the tie,
it turns out that Aaron Honeycutt did not vote due to running in the
election and also being stuck in the middle of a hurricane!

So on receiving Aaron's vote, I now have the pleasure of announcing the
three elected members to the Kubuntu Council.  In order of voter preference:

1) Rik Mills
2) Aaron Honeycutt
3) Rick Timmis (Apologies to Rick for spelling his surname wrong!)

I hope you will all join me in welcoming the new members (Rik and Rick) and
also the returning (Aaron) to the Kubuntu Council.  I look forward to
working with you all in the future.

I would also like to thank Ovidiu-Florin and Clay for their time and input
over the years and also Simon who stepped up and made this a
truly democratic process.  I do hope you all will continue to give feedback
and help shape the future of Kubuntu.

Clive

Follow ups