Bridging the Kubuntu* IRC channels with Matrix

We used a Telegram bridge while Freenode was alive. Both FN and that bridge
are dead.

If we'd like to use Matrix, this from the #kde-ops channel just now:

[22:58] <seaLne[m]> i think it would make more sense for kubuntu to file a
support ticket, as i can't claim to be the owner of  them they need IRC
Name Matrix Room ID Matrix Room Name and you'll need to specify if they
have more than 100 users in them as that requires ems to do the rebridging
[22:59] <seaLne[m]> you can probably include in them that i'm happy with
them
[23:00] <seaLne[m]> the person emailing support@xxxxxxxxxx should use a
kubuntu address, that is listed on the website as someone in authority and
show that their irc nick has at least ops in the channels
[23:03] <seaLne[m]> valorie:  sorry kubuntu got a bit left behind. it
wasn't entirely clear earlier what would be the best way to be dealt with.
i did chat to rick a few times over the last weeks
[23:07] <valorie> no problem; I'll pass that along

I do not know how to retrieve the Matrix Room ID and Name. Searching does
not seem to work for me. I suppose I could try neo-chat but I don't really
have time for that right now.

If It's not important, we can just rely on whatever Ubuntu will provide, or
?

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her