Fwd: FYI: my interaction with https://www.reddit.com/r/Kubuntu/

Unsure who the mods are these days......

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Marius P <nmariusp1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 4:07 AM
Subject: FYI: my interaction with https://www.reddit.com/r/Kubuntu/
To: <valorie.zimmerman@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Nate Graham <nate@xxxxxxx>

Hello,

I am nmariusp https://invent.kde.org/nmariusp
It seems to me that the Kubuntu community does not have control over
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kubuntu/

Thanks.

Technical details:

I had the following interaction with https://www.reddit.com/r/Kubuntu/ :
I created post of type "Link", "Title"="Kubuntu 22.04 VM and kdesrc-build
tutorial", "Text"="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjBD0dPlfhM";
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kubuntu/comments/x6d03y/kubuntu_2204_vm_and_kdesrcbuild_tutorial/

This post was removed with text

"Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/Kubuntu.
Moderators remove posts from feeds for a variety of reasons, including
keeping communities safe, civil, and true to their purpose.",

"/u/Pi31415926Your recent post in /r/Kubuntu [t3_x6d03y]
[–]from Pi31415926 sent 1 day ago

Hi, sorry, but I removed this post, as you seem to be promoting your own
site, service, employer or account. Reddit isn't really the place for
self-promotion - the purpose of reddit is to share content you like from
around the web. To repeat: the idea behind reddit, including this
subreddit, is to share useful content that was created by others. Thanks
for the post though, if you'd like to tell us your thoughts, please do that
in a self-post ("text post"). If you have code to release, please use a
public repository such as github, gitlab, or bitbucket (more here).

My 2c: Did you know that video is the highest-polluting form of
communication there is? You know, the form of communication that generates
CO2 pollution. More CO2 pollution = more climate change.

Note: this is a private message, not a comment on your post, so I can't use
my [M]oderator tag. [check modlist]

✻ Smokey says: use a light-weight OS on your computers, such as Linux, to
fight climate change! [see more tips]

✻ Did you know? The old version of reddit is still online - and it's
faster, greener, and much more lively than "new" reddit! If you like it you
can set your preferences to always use it. [view /r/Kubuntu on old reddit]"

--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her