Kubuntu Asahi

Hello,

I am messaging as a member of the Ubuntu Asahi community project.

Is Kubuntu interested in being an Ubuntu Asahi flavor? https://ubuntuasahi.org/

We will reach out to other Ubuntu Flavors, but we want to give extra support to Kubuntu since our upstream, Asahi Linux, has always been KDE based.

Currently Ubuntu Asahi is like Raspberry Pi images, as we prebuild the OS. To enable "Kubuntu Asahi" in Ubuntu Asahi's normal install script, we only need to add a line of code since all other tooling and packaging is in place.

If you want us to add Kubuntu as an install option, you may receive Apple hardware bug reports that are meant for Ubuntu Asahi or Asahi Linux. We are happy to help triage these issues.

Tobias and I will be at the Ubuntu Summit and at the Flavors discussion if anyone is available.

Kind regards,
Mark Esler

eslerm on oftc #ubuntu-asahi
https://social.treehouse.systems/@ubuntuasahi