Re: Follow up - Press Release draft

Draft for Review and Comment - Proposed release Friday 16th March

Kubuntu Focus: Driving Innovation and Growth with Exciting Updates

Kubuntu, the renowned Linux distribution, is thrilled to announce
significant developments, and a closer relationship with Kubuntu Focus,
aimed at enhancing user experience and driving revenue growth. Following
recent discussions on strategies to elevate Kubuntu and Kubuntu Focus
revenue, the team has outlined a series of initiatives set to redefine the
landscape of open-source computing.

The key highlights of the upcoming endeavors include:

   1.

   Kubuntu - KDE Welcome Page UX and Implementation: A new, user-friendly
   welcome page is set to greet Kubuntu users, enhancing their onboarding
   experience and making navigation smoother than ever before.
   2.

   3.

   Calamares Installer Enhancement: The Calamares installer has undergone a
   transformation to deliver superior user experience, ensuring hassle-free
   installation for all Kubuntu users.
   4.

   5.

   Investor Deck Release: In a bid to fuel growth and innovation, Kubuntu
   Focus is set to share its comprehensive investor deck, seeking capital
   investment to drive forward its vision, and deliver more dedicated Kubuntu
   hardware to the market.
   6.

   7.

   Scarlett Moore Kubuntu Developer laptop: To bolster development efforts,
   Kubuntu Focus are providing Scarlett an Ir14 system with impressive
   specifications (32GB RAM / 1TB Storage) has been allocated, empowering the
   Scarlett with the tools she needs to help develop the Kubuntu project to
   reach new heights.

Furthermore, Kubuntu and Kubuntu Focus are actively seeking partnerships
and exploring participation in trade shows to expand their reach and engage
with like-minded organizations committed to advancing open-source
technologies.

Commenting on these exciting developments,Rick Timmis, Kubuntu Councils,
and Community Manager at Kubuntu, expressed enthusiasm, stating, "We are
dedicated to pushing the boundaries of innovation in the open-source
community. The initiatives outlined signify our commitment to delivering
exceptional experiences to our users while fostering growth opportunities
for Kubuntu and Kubuntu Focus."

For further inquiries or partnership opportunities, please contact Kubuntu
at kubuntu.org or Kubuntu Focus at kfocus.org

About Kubuntu: Kubuntu is a user-friendly Linux distribution based on
Ubuntu, featuring the KDE Plasma desktop environment. With a strong
emphasis on simplicity, reliability, and customization, Kubuntu empowers
users to harness the power of open-source software for a seamless computing
experience.

For more information, visit Kubuntu.org. For product details visit
kfocus.org

On Fri, 8 Mar 2024, 19:19 Michael Mikowski, <mmikowski@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Scarlett:
>
> It was good talking to you a few days ago about building the Kubuntu and
> Focus revenue. Here are some items we discussed working on in the near term:
>
>    - kfocus: (done) Create Kubuntu - KDE welcome page UX and
>    implementation
>    - kfocus; (done) Create Clamares installer with superior UX
>    - kfocus: Share the investor deck
>    <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1f5fPXw5oI_1FFEd041ZVi5VHYIERi9O-F24D7IHkxHM/edit#slide=id.g170f82d1f83_0_72>
>    to seek capital investment
>    - kfocus: Provide an Ir14 system (32GB / 1TB) for Scarlett Kubuntu
>    development and presentation
>    - *Scarlett*: Please provide a list of recommended trade shows and
>    target partners!
>    - kfocus: Seek capital investment and interest in trade shows,
>    partners.
>
> I've asked Dana to arrange the Ir14 purchase and assembly. I think you
> will be very pleased with the experience. All feedback we have received has
> been overwhelmingly positive.
>
> Sincerely, Mike
>

> Michael Mikowski
> General Manager, Kubuntu Focus Project
>
> 415-418-4731  09:00-18:00 PST |  kfocus.org
> <https://www.facebook.com/KubuntuFocus>
> <https://www.instagram.com/kubuntufocus/>
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/kubuntu-focus>
> <https://twitter.com/KubuntuF>