kubuntu-ppa team mailing list archive

wrong encoding for non-Qt5/Framework5 apps

Hi. i use Plasma5/ the kubuntu-next  ppa on 2 of my computers to test it a
little.
the biggest problem is that it seems that all applications wich are not Qt5
use the "ISO 8859-1" encoding instead of UTF8. this is bad because in german,
our umlauts are broken. Directories like 'Öffentlich' are now 'öffentlich' in
dolphin(4.13.2). the bigger problem is that this little problem makes it
impossible to use MPT with dolphin, because we cant copy broken named files to
android (wich is bad because almost all my music has japanese characters).

when i uninstall plasma5 and switch back to kubuntu 14.10 standard. everything
is back to normal, dolphin works like it should.

if i could do anything to fix this, i will do:

btw (code)
locale
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=de
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

the secound thing is that i can not switch my language to german. even if i go
kcmshell4 language
and make german my standard, no application is in german after this.