ladon-dev-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #219424]: soap reponse in wsdl does not match description

Question #219424 on ladon changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ladon/+question/219424

Description changed to:
Hi, I have noticed that for functions that return complex types, the
soap wsdl contents does not match the description or what I am
expecting. All is fine in the soap11 description though. This is with
Ladon 0.7.5 on red hat linux. eg:

Here is an example I added to calculator.py:

class Response1(LadonType):
        name = str
        a = float
        b = float
        c =  float

  @ladonize(str,rtype=Response1)
  def func1(self,s):
    rv = Response1()
    rv.name = "hello"
    rv.a = 1.2
    rv.b = 1.3
    rv.c = 1.5
    return rv

Here is description:
func1 ( string s )
None

Parameters
s: string
Return value
Response1

Here is soap wsdl:

<message name="func1">
<part name="s" type="xsd:string"/>
</message>
<message name="func1Response">
<part name="a" type="xsd:decimal"/>
<part name="b" type="xsd:decimal"/>
<part name="c" type="xsd:decimal"/>
<part name="name" type="xsd:string"/>
</message>

Here is soap11 wsdl:
<wsdl:message name="func1">
<wsdl:part name="s" type="xsd:string"/>
</wsdl:message>
<wsdl:message name="func1Response">
<wsdl:part name="result" type="ns1:Response1"/>

ie, it appears the soap wsdl declares that the method returns individual
values rather than the 'response1' type as expected.

Thanks for any advice you can give,

Gary

Ladon Developer, which is an answer contact for ladon.