Re: Should the import fascist die or get some teeth back? (was Re: Notes about security and view code)

On Jul 31, 2009, at 1:35 PM, Sidnei da Silva wrote:

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Jamu Kakar<jkakar@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Bjorn,

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:54 AM, Bjorn Tillenius<bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
+1 to using the import guardian from Landscape and make it enforce the things we care about it. It make sense have something like this, since it's basically a computerized reviewer, saving time for human reviewers. It's also of course good to share code with other projects, and without looking at all at the code, Landscape's import guardian is probably the
better choice.

Jamu, where is the code for this located?

The code is in lp:~landscape/landscape/trunk in
src/canonical/security/import{guardian,policy}.py.  You can see how
we install it for Landscape in s/c/landscape/__init__.py and you can
find our Landscape-specific policy setup at
s/c/landscape/security/importpolicy.py.

Following our recent buildoutification in Landscape, this would
probably be a good time to start separating this out into an external
project (lazr.importguardian?).

+1

This sounds great to me.  Thanks Jamu and Sidnei.

Gary