Re: Results from upgrading YUI3 PR2 to Beta1

Hi Maris,

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Maris Fogels<maris.fogels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I decided to do an experiment where I would upgrade one widget from YUI3
> PR2 to YUI3 Beta1.  The results are promising: it wasn't much work at all,
> half a day.  However, when you do encounter a problem, even with tests, it
> can take some work to track the solution down.

Nice!  We're using YUI3 Beta1 in Landscape and all of our widgets
and such are working well.  One thing we ran into that you didn't
mention was that the 'compat' module makes requests to Yahoo's CDN.
Thomas filed a bug about it:

http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yui3/ticket/2528108

We're working around this in Landscape by making sure the 'compat'
module never makes it into the yui-min.js file we serve.

Thanks,
J.