Re: Branch edit 3.0 pages

2009/8/6 Tim Penhey <tim.penhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I'm looking at the 3.0 pages for a simple branch edit view.
>
> The current-edit.png is me editing one of my branches (note that the Owner is
> a full person picker rather than a dropdown as I'm a Bazaar-Expert).
>
> However my concern is about the following:
>
>  * The change in font size
>  * Where the name of the branch is going to show on the page
>   - are we adding breadcrumbs for branches?
>
> Right now we have something that is shown before the navigation menu, but this
> won't be there on the 3.0 pages.

I realize you meant a different Martin but I'm opinionated :)

Are you going to drop explicitly-set branch status?  Maybe now would
be a good time?  I've pushed probably a hundred branches through lp
and reviews in recent months and never manually set this, or wished
I'd set it.

Using the word 'confidential' makes me wonder if it's different to privacy.

Renaming a branch is such a big deal because of changing the url that
I'd make changing owner or name a special action, not part of the
regular edit field, and I'd show a preview of the url, as you do in
some other form.

So this would leave just the description.  Would it be feasible to
edit it in place?  If so I'd probably use it much more, and then even
more again if it was visible & editable in the mp page.

hth

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>