Re: EmailAddressAlreadyTaken: account and person split

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 01:12:15PM +0200, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> >     - Why does recording the Person's creation rationale matter? Or is
> >       the issue more that if there is a Person record then we assume
> >       that the person uses Launchpad?
>
> It's actually the opposite (I misunderstood it myself): entire Launchpad
> uses Person records to deal with any attribution.  If there is a Person
> record *and* an attached Account, then that person uses Launchpad.

Right. The problem is that that's actually not true in this
circumstance, right? An account and person record no longer equate to
"uses Launchpad" -- the Account may exist because the person is an Ubuntu
One user, and the Person may exist because they have translated
something, but even though they both exist there is no indication they
actually have decided to "use Launchpad".

So what exactly does "uses Launchpad" mean. I think it means the person
visited a +login page somewhere and tried to log in using an email
associated with an existing Account created on U1 or ShipIt or b) said
"not registered yet" with an email associated with an existing Account
created on U1 or ShipIt (I'm not sure this actually works right now, but
I am pretty sure it once did).

The moment the password is entered (and a token validated for the second
case) for the first time the DB needs to be updated, and I think the
right thing to do there is to set Person.account_activated = True or
something like that.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko