Re: Launchpad mailing lists and users' needs.

On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 10:57:33AM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> I do think particularly for Answers but maybe in general it would be
> good to let people start interacting with the project without a
> blocking or explicit "create an account" phase.  We could still
> implicitly create an account, and possibly even send mail to say so,
> but it would not need to be done before accepting their information.
> But there's some nontrivial work to do this.

The main issue with implicit creation of accounts is that the presence
of a Launchpad account allows us to decide whether or not we can email
the person. If a person reports a bug or asks a question but never
completes their account registration, questions will never get back to
them.

I think lazy creation of accounts (and delayed creation of bugs or
answers linked to that) is definitely a valuable feature, but there
needs to be some work done on specifying how exactly it would pan out.
elp.launchpad.net/ListHelp
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko