Re: Only admins can anoint other admins?

On Aug 20, 2009, at 9:00 AM, Guilherme Salgado wrote:

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 09:07 -0300, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:48:27AM -0300, Guilherme Salgado wrote:
IIRC, the initial idea was to have only the owner able to promote/ demote admins but then it was agreed that in case an admin misbehaves when the
owner is not around, other admins should be able to demote the
misbehaver. That's why we allow admins to demote other admins.

It's likely an easy fix to allow an admin to make other admins.  Is
there a reason why we would not want to allow this?

Since admins can demote others *and* we send out email notifications
when a regular member becomes admin, I think it'd be ok to allow admins
to promote others.

Yeah, sounds okay to me. Is this documented anywhere?

It's not, and people get confused when they realize they can demote but not promote admins. If we allow them to promote as well, the confusion
will stop and we might not need to document it.

Bug 102180 describes this issue. I've updated the bug title to be more descriptive of the problem.

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-registry/+bug/102180

-Barry