Re: Test projects on production [was: Re: Information on 'foo' in Launchpad]

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 01:36:02PM +0200, Henning Eggers wrote:
> I would just like to start the discussion (again?) how to provide a good
> test-drive experience on production that makes it easy for people just
> to go ahead and try it out. Maybe it is as simple as providing real
> project deletion.

Yes, or having a project creation status "Incomplete" that would only
allow the registrant to view it, and to later disclose it to the public
after he was happy with it. Restricting it to registrant-viewing only
isn't perfect since he can't demo it to fellow project members; OTOH you
give him private projects for free if you don't find a way to time-limit
or audit the use of the undisclosed project. I think it's cleaner and
also a bit more work than having real project deletion.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko