Re: zc.tracelog spam

On Aug 27, 2009, at 7:19 AM, Stuart Bishop wrote:

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Julian
Edwards<julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 26 August 2009 20:17:30 Gary Poster wrote:
On Aug 26, 2009, at 1:47 PM, Julian Edwards wrote:
2009-08-26T18:43:02 INFO zc.tracelog E 200325772 2009-08-26
18:43:02.060467

Approximately one bazillion messages like this appear when I am
using "make
run" (or "make start" in dogfood).

Is this fixable?

We generally want these in production--or, we do when something goes
terribly, horribly wrong, or when we want to analyze parts of the
publication process.  If anyone is curious, here's some docs:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.zservertracelog/1.1.5

What problem do you want to solve? Perhaps we could make this default
to not being used for developers?

I guess my problem is that it fills my scrollback/log file with stuff I don't want to see and that makes it a bit harder to scan the HTTP requests being
logged.

If everyone agrees it's not useful for developers, we could turn it off in
devmode.

I think we should turn off spam to stdout since we are logging it to
files anyway. Maybe just leave some basic information so people can
see the requests being handled when running locally. At the moment, we
are logging librarian, launchpad access, launchpad error and probably
a few others to stdout *and* logfiles which seems a little extreme...

I agree.  I suspect that would address your big concern, Julian?

Gary