Considered harmful: label { white-space: nowrap }

Hi folks,

One little nuisance in our LaunchpadForms is that radio button labels can be entire paragraphs, yet our CSS doesn't allow the browser to line-break them. It just says "label { white-space: nowrap }".

For an example, go to your personal Translations page; from there, click on to "Translations licensing." Now narrow down your browser window until the text next to the radio buttons falls off the page.

Yes, that's a 2.0 page but AFAICS this hasn't changed in 3.0.

Would it be safe to drop this label style? Or at least for radio buttons? Or am I missing something that would have fixed this for me?

Jeroen

Follow ups