Re: Hacking on Launchpad in Karmic

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Max Bowsher<maxb@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jonathan Lange wrote:
>> Just a quick note to say thanks to maxb & wgrant (and anyone else
>> involved!) for making it possible to hack on Launchpad in karmic. For
>> months now I've been using a hardy chroot to do my development, and
>> it's been a real pain.
>>
>> I've tweaked the wiki page to say what I needed to do to get things
>> going. It wasn't much, but it may help other Launchpad devs who
>> upgrade to karmic.
>
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> A couple of followups on your tweaks:
>
> * Did you really need python-xml? Where did you get it from, seeing as
> the package doesn't exist it Karmic?

I'm not sure. I just did it because wgrant told me to!

> * Perhaps we need to add python-crypto to launchpad-dependencies?
>

>From IRC, it looks like I should have simply upgraded.

<wgrant> jml: I don't get such errors, no. Do you have a
2.4-compatible python-crypto?
<wgrant> jml: Karmic's isn't sufficient.
<jml> wgrant, I do now!
<jml> wgrant, I wonder why lp-dev-dependencies doesn't depend on it.
<wgrant> jml: It looks to me like python-crypto in ~launchpad/ppa is
sufficiently 2.4-enabled. Did lp-dev-deps not pull that one in?
<jml> wgrant, apparently not.
<wgrant> or did you not run an upgrade after activating the PPA, just
installing the new package?
<jml> it might have been that.
<jml> I just installed lp-dev-deps
<wgrant> Ah.
<wgrant> If you'd upgraded, it would have pulled the right one in.
<jml> I'll amend the wiki page.

jml