Re: First meta-lp-deps MP

On September 5, 2009, Max Bowsher wrote:
> Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
> > On September 2, 2009, Max Bowsher wrote:
> >> I've filed the first MP for meta-lp-deps:
> >>
> >> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~maxb/meta-lp-deps/ready-for-karmic/+mer
> >>ge/ 11094
> >>
> >> sinzui has kindly given it a review already.
> >>
> >> We're pretty much making the procedure up as we go along here, but the
> >> next steps probably involve:
> >>
> >> Deciding what level of testing is required before copying the package to
> >> jaunty as well as karmic.
> >
> > I think simply installing it on Jaunty and making sure that make and make
> > run runs would be enough. Bonus points for doing a complete test run on
> > it.
>
> On Jaunty:
>  * Installed new lp-*deps
>  * Purged the packages no longer required by new lp-*deps
>  * make run => OK
>  * make check => OK, 23468 tests, 0 failures, 0 errors
>
> >> Getting final signoff from a Launchpad Foundations member.
> >>
> >> Me then doing s/UNRELEASED/karmic/ on the changelog in the branch,
> >> tagging it, uploading it to my PPA, and then a ~launchpad member
> >> pull-pushing the branch into trunk and copying the built packages form
> >> my PPA to the official one.
> >
> > Once Jaunty testing is cleared-off, I can do the above.
>
> Great, just confirm which of the bits mentioned above you'd like me to
> do, and which bits you'll be doing, and we'll get it done.

If you do the s/UNRELEASED/karmic/ and upload to your PPA, I'll copy the
package to the team PPA afterwards.

> And then we can celebrate ~launchpad/ppa being fully functional for
> karmic :-)

That's great!

Thanks for all your effort!

I'm also looking forward in getting some of the changes you made for Python
2.5 support integrated into the trunk. Don't be shy to push incremental
changes for review there.

Cheers

--
Francis J. Lacoste