Re: Windmill and uuid listening on the ports we're using

On September 15, 2009, Bjorn Tillenius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I remember when we started using Windmill, we have this problem that
> after a test run, uuid had somehow started listening on a port we used
> (either the app or smtp server, I can't remember). We don't seem to have
> this problem anymore, so can anyone remember how we fixed it?

It was fixed by a new upstream version. I think they catch the error and
change ports automatically.

> Well, actually we do have this problem. I'm making the Windmill tests
> run in a subclass of AppServerLayer, which starts an SMTP server. After
> windmill and the SMTP server is stopped, libuuid has started listening
> on the port the SMTP server used. I've worked around it for now by
> stopping the server before starting Windmill, since I don't think any
> tests use it, but I'd like to solve this properly.

Since that's in our code, we should probably do the same thing. Catch the port
already in use and find another port.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx