Re: Help with xx-read-only-mode.txt

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 6:03 AM, Guilherme Salgado
<salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 20:02 -0300, Guilherme Salgado wrote:
>> Hi Stuart,
>>
>> That test is failing on my lp:~salgado/launchpad/person-three-o branch
>> because of a new menu Link that is rendered there on the top of the
>> page. We hit the DB in order to figure out whether or not the link
>> should be enabled, and that's when ReadOnlyModeDisallowedStore gets
>> raised.
>
> Here's the failure, btw: http://paste.ubuntu.com/272402/
>
> --
> Guilherme Salgado <salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

      File "/var/launchpad/test/lib/canonical/launchpad/database/oauth.py",
line 74, in _get_store
        return getUtility(IStoreSelector).get(MAIN_STORE, MASTER_FLAVOR)
      File "/var/launchpad/test/lib/canonical/launchpad/webapp/adapter.py",
line 510, in get
        return db_policy.getStore(name, flavor)
      File "/var/launchpad/test/lib/canonical/launchpad/webapp/dbpolicy.py",
line 283, in getStore
        raise ReadOnlyModeDisallowedStore(name, flavor)
    ReadOnlyModeDisallowedStore: ('main', 'master')

So you get to line 74 of oauth.py and explicitly request the master
database. Code that needs to run in read only mode can't do that - it
needs to use slave or default stores as the master is down for
maintenance.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/