Re: BuildEngineer and ReleaseManagerRotation

Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> I finally got around to reviewing
>
>     https://dev.launchpad.net/PolicyAndProcess/ReleaseManagerRotation
>
> and
>
>     https://dev.launchpad.net/BuildEngineer
>
> They both look good (after some minor edits by me <wink>). I just wanted
> to ask two things:
>
>     a) Why does one page end in Rotation and fall under
>        PolicyAndProcess, and the other not?

Dunno, it's a wiki, so it would be unnatural if it wasn't random and
inconsistent?

>     b) How is the BuildEngineer rotation going this cycle?

I think it's going pretty well.  The role is quite stressful in some
ways, with lots of things that take far longer than you'd think and
fighting with systems that no-one really understands any more.

I think the way we've got it set up is actually about right; four weeks
is long enough to get stuff done but not so long as to become
overwhelming, and rotating the position around should both allow people
to focus on different areas regularly (for example, I've mostly been
working on buildbot/ec2test rather than say on making the test suite
faster) and also to spread the knowledge of how these things work and
how to change them around the team.

I'll send an email with what I've got done and some general thoughts
towards the end of next week.

Cheers,
mwh