Re: The first Build Engineer's report!

Tom Haddon wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 17:00 +1200, Michael Hudson wrote:
> [...]
>>  * I extended ec2 to be able to start with a blank AMI such as those
>>    provided by Eric Hammond at http://alestic.com/ and then either
>>    bundle it or run tests on it.
>
> Any reason for using these over the official canonical AMIs?

The current official canonical AMIs are flaky about setting up the SSH
keys (about 1 time in 5 or so you can't log in to them).  smoser told me
that he wants to make new ones "really soon", but until then the alestic
ones seemed a better bet (the ec2test images we were already using were
based on the alestic images).

The official ones also differ in details about how you log in to them
(you log in as 'ubuntu' rather than root on startup), so some code
changes will be needed when we start to use the official images.

Cheers,
mwh