[RFC] Change to release management process

Hello Launchpadders,

I just had a chat with Brad, who managed the last release of
Launchpad, about the way we go about managing the release.

Currently we have a wiki page called "CurrentRolloutBlockers"[1], and
we use this to track any bugs / patches that people claim are
absolutely critical to the release. We don't like using wiki pages
though, and in this case think that we can dispense with the wiki page
and just use Launchpad.

Here's what we're going to try. Instead of tracking blockers on a
separate page, we'll track them on the milestone.[2] Any bug that's on
the milestone and open on the Monday after we've frozen the code will
be considered a potential release blocker. Those that aren't deemed to
be blockers will be shoved off the milestone. Those that are will be
monitored there until they are Fix Committed.

This process will work _so_ much better if developers close bugs
promptly and swiftly retarget bugs that have missed the milestone and
aren't release critical. Please do that.

Any comments, questions or objections?

jml

[1] https://dev.launchpad.net/CurrentRolloutBlockers
[2] https://edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-project/+milestone/3.1.10