Re: Postgresql 8.4 lacks pg_autocacuum

Hi,

On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 15:41 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> * Disabling autovacuum
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "unautovacuumable.py", line 75, in ?
>     sys.exit(main())
>   File "unautovacuumable.py", line 48, in main
>     cur.execute("""
> psycopg2.ProgrammingError: relation "pg_autovacuum" does not exist
> LINE 2:         INSERT INTO pg_autovacuum
>                             ^
>
> make[1]: *** [create] Error 1
>
> If someone more postgres-savvy than me could look into this, that would
> rock.  Going back to 8.3 for now.

since PostgreSQL 8.4 [1] you need to define the autovacuum option when
you create the table [2].
The pg_autovacuum system table is gone.
So the code for disabling and enabling autovacuum needs to be changed.

[1]
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-8-4.html#AEN94845
[2]
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/sql-createtable.html#AEN58985