Re: lazr-js multiline editor weirdness

On October 21, 2009, Deryck Hodge wrote:
> Take a look at the activation template string in
> lib.canonical.widgets.lazrjs.TextAreaEditorWidget.  There is a
> formatter config option that takes the XHTML and formats it nicely.
> This has to be done because the xhtml response is in <dd> tags via the
> API.  It's also not tested in the lazr-js example because it's
> dependent on our real XHR response, so it seemed silly to mock just so
> the test formatted nicely.  It's hackish, I know.  But I couldn't
> really work out a nicer way to do it.

Leonard, I think we should remove the default HTML view for the API. People
don't get that it's meant to be customized. By removing the default view,
people will get an error and realize that they have to register their own HTML
view for their content, instead of parsing the default XHTML representation
and transforming it into what they want. It's the third time around somebody
does this!!!

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx